The Blessingway is a mother-centered ceremony that honors a woman as she prepares to make the beautiful transition into motherhood. Also called "A Mother Blessing," this tradition has Native American roots and has evolved into a modern ritual for birthing women, often taking the place of a conventional baby shower.
This ceremony brings a spiritual element to birth preparation and encircles the mother-to-be with love and support from other women. Within this circle of women, she is honored for who she is, for giving the gift of life, and for who she will become as she begins the new journey as a mother. She is blessed and honored for her beauty and her strength, and is continually reminded of her connection to all women.
The Blessingway is a beautiful, sacred, and fun celebration and can be adapted to any spiritual tradition or belief system.
Our Blessingway planning includes:
- A meeting to discuss your vision and wishes for the Blessingway. We are available to meet with the mother-to-be or if the Blessingway is being sponsored by friends and family, we can have a group discussion.
- Creating a guest list and sending out invitations. Separate fees will apply for materials (e.g., stamps, paper invitations, etc.) if invitations are not done digitally.
- Planning the event, rituals, and activities. Special extras like henna tattoos and belly casting can be arranged, however, separate fees will apply.
- Facilitating the ceremony and the circle at the venue of your choice (usually a private home).
- Organizing the food and refreshments. Most Blessingways are potlucks, but if you'd like catering referrals we can assist you. Separate fees will apply if catering services are used.
Our base fee for a Blessingway is $200.
Additional fees will apply for materials such as paper invitations and postage, added services such as Belly Casting, Henna Tattoos, and catering (if requested), and photography services.
All additional fees are paid directly to the artist/vendor providing the service.
A $100 non-refundable deposit is required to hold your date. A contract will be signed at the planning session where dates, payments and expectations will be decided on.
Please contact us for more information.