Monterey County Doula, Childbirth Educator, Breastfeeding Counselor, Prenatal Massage Therapist, Doula Mentor
Thank you for visiting Mum’s the Word. My name is Michele Nizza. My Mission is to provide you with the education and information you need to make an informed decision for you and your family. I have supported many families as a Birth Doula since I started Mum’s the Word in 2000, having attended numerous workshops and seminars to learn how to best support birthing families. Recently, I created an Advanced Doula/Advanced Childbirth Educator Training to support other Doulas wanting to create a professional practice. My goal is to offer families an educated journey from the beginning of their pregnancy, through childbirth, and postpartum/breastfeeding.
- Birth and Postpartum Doula Services
- Pregnancy Classes
- Childbirth Education Classes
- Bringing Baby Home Visits
- Breastfeeding Assistance
- Breastfeeding Classes
- Breastpump Rentals
- Massage, specializing in Prenatal and Postpartum
- Advanced Doula Trainings
- Doula Mentoring
- And so much more!
MUM’S THE WORD NEWS
- Welcome Lisa Ward of Grace Within, and Brittany Randolph of Beyond the Bump! I am mentoring both Lisa and Brittany while they re-certify (Lisa) and certify (Brittany) through DONA International. I love collaborating with these women and we look forward to serving our local families. Please read all about them here.
- I just received a beautiful new testimony from a happy couple. Take a look!
- I am collaborating with a local photographer for Pregnancy, Birth and Newborn photos. You may see her work in our gallery or on her website, Lena Max Photography.
- Please connect with us or follow us on social media. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube. Our Facebook and Twitter posts are immediately posted to the website when we say something new. Check us out!
- I currently have hospital-grade pumps from Hygeia available for rent.
- Did you know that Natividad Medical Center’s Lactation Services offers an outpatient clinic, for anyone in Monterey County, seven days a week, regardless if you gave birth there? They will bill your insurance for you so you do not have to pay out of pocket. I am so happy they offer this service. Their phone number is: (831) 796-1652. Take advantage of this wonderful offering.
- If you need a class before your due date and our class schedule does not fit your needs, please contact me. I will honor the $75 price and provide you with a mini private class.
- Our Video page offers clips from Healthy Birth Your Way: Six Steps to a Safer Birth from Mother’s Advocate. Take a look!
- If you are looking for information about pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum, and breastfeeding, we offer a FREE packet of information for you. Contact us to receive yours, or download it online on the Pregnancy, Labor, and Breastfeeding Packet page.
- Doulas of Monterey County’s website is now up. Please forgive the look as it’s still under construction.
Contact us for more information.