Doula, Childbirth Educator, Breastfeeding Counselor, Massage Therapist
Thank you for visiting Mum’s the Word. My name is Michele Nizza. My Mission is to provide you with the education and information you need to make an informed decision for you and your family.
I have supported many families as a Birth Doula since I started Mum’s the Word in 2000, having attended numerous workshops and seminars to learn how to best support birthing families. Recently, I created an Advanced Doula/Advanced Childbirth Educator Training to support other Doulas wanting to create a professional practice.
My goal is to offer families an educated journey from the beginning of their pregnancy, through childbirth, and postpartum/breastfeeding.
- Birth and Postpartum Doula Services
- Bringing Baby Home Visits
- Breastfeeding Assistance
- Pregnancy Classes
- Childbirth Education Classes
- Breastfeeding Classes
- Breastpump Rentals
- Massage, specializing in Prenatal and Postpartum
- Advanced Doula Trainings
- Advanced Childbirth Educator Training
- Doula Mentoring
- And so much more!
MUM’S THE WORD NEWS!
- We have just become an Amazon Associate! You may now order books that I recommend directly from our website! The list is not yet complete, but I did add a few books that I highly recommend you have in your library. You may take a look at our new Recommended Books page.
- We are now offering Bringing Baby Home Visits. For more information, please take a look at our Services/Pricing page.
- We will soon offer American Red Cross Infant CPR and First Aid classes. We are so excited to offer this new service to Peninsula families. Keep checking back as we are currently working on dates.
- I just received a beautiful testimony from one of my new Mamas. Take a look at our Testimonials page.
- We have changed a date and added more dates for our Saturday One Day Childbirth Education Classes. We have added classes for June, July, and August, and are looking to add more dates. Please go to our Registration for Classes page to register online and reserve your space. You may also register online for Private Childbirth Education classes.
- Most people mistakenly believe that the only massage I offer is prenatal or postpartum massage. I LOVE working with non-pregnant clients! I hope you will take advantage one day and see what I can do to help relieve your stress and aching muscles. Check out our new Massage website, Massage by Michele.
- Do you need CEUs or contact hours for your current certifications for ICEA, DONA, CAPPA or Lamaze? Would you like to validate your role as a professional birth worker in your community? Our Advanced Childbirth Educator/Advanced Doula Training has been approved by ICEA for 8 Contact Hours (CNTC07-2412). This workshop is essential for anyone working with families during pregnancy and beyond. For more information, please view our Classes page.
- Are you looking for quality Childbirth Education videos to enhance what you have learned from your classes? We now offer free videos from Mother’s Advocate. Our Video page offers clips from Healthy Birth Your Way: Six Steps to a Safer Birth, for your information.
- If you are looking for information about pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum, and breastfeeding, we offer a FREE packet of information for you. It is also available online on the Pregnancy, Labor, and Breastfeeding Packet page.
- Doulas of Monterey County’s website is now up. Mind you, it’s still under construction, but the basic information is there.
Contact us for more information.