Doula, Childbirth Educator, Breastfeeding Counselor, Massage Therapist
Thank you for visiting Mum’s the Word. My name is Michele Nizza. My Mission is to provide you with the education and information you need to make an informed decision for you and your family.
I have supported many families as a Birth Doula since I started Mum’s the Word in 2000, having attended numerous workshops and seminars to learn how to best support birthing families. Recently, I created an Advanced Doula/Advanced Childbirth Educator Training to support other Doulas wanting to create a professional practice.
My goal is to offer families an educated journey from the beginning of their pregnancy, through childbirth, and postpartum/breastfeeding.
- Birth and Postpartum Doula Services
- Bringing Baby Home Visits
- Breastfeeding Assistance
- Pregnancy Classes
- Childbirth Education Classes
- Breastfeeding Classes
- Breastpump Rentals
- Massage, specializing in Prenatal and Postpartum
- Advanced Doula Trainings
- Advanced Childbirth Educator Training
- Doula Mentoring
- And so much more!
MUM’S THE WORD NEWS
- I am now partnering with Zearly Carmel to offer our Saturday classes in their classroom loft! This weekend’s childbirth education class will be the first Mum’s the Word class offered there. I hope to see you there!
- Online registration is now available for all of our PRIVATE classes. Click here for more information.
- Our new mobile App is available for Android! I am so excited to have this available to my users and clients who want to stay on touch. Download the app here today.
- If you need a class before your due date and our class schedule does not fit your needs, please contact me. I will honor the $75 price and provide you with a mini private class.
- I offer Hygeia hospital-grade breastpumps for rent. To check availability, please contact me at: (831) 238-0655.
- We are now offering Bringing Baby Home Visits. For more information, please see our Services/Pricing Page.
- Our Video page offers clips from Healthy Birth Your Way: Six Steps to a Safer Birth from Mother’s Advocate. Take a look!
- If you are looking for information about pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum, and breastfeeding, we offer a FREE packet of information for you. Contact us to receive yours, or download it online on the Pregnancy, Labor, and Breastfeeding Packet page.
- Doulas of Monterey County’s website is now up. Please forgive the look as it’s still under construction.
Contact us for more information.